This page outlines the Balancer Governance Process from Request for Comment [RFC] through executing a result.
- 2.Facilitate preliminary discussion
- 3.Update and refine RFC to become a Proposal
- 4.Snapshot vote
- 5.Execute result
- What is the current state or what you're addressing? Is there any relevant information that the common reader might not know?
- Core Proposal(s)
- What is your idea on how to improve the state of the art?
- What is needed to introduce the change?
- Risk assessment
- What can go wrong? What is the impact of your proposal on the rest of the community, ecosystem, protocol?
- Open Questions
- Any obvious discussions or things you are still considering?
- Monitor the discussion and gather feedback
- Message #brainstorming-and-ideas channel on Discord to draw peoples' attention to the RFC
- Encourage interested parties on Discord to gather their thoughts in a forum post
- After about two weeks, it's time to move to the proposal phase, assuming there has been some discussion and some preliminary consensus.
- In the same topic thread as your RFC, share your updated proposal.
- The proposal should be a refined RFC that includes all the suggestions from the discussion.
- Change the tag from [RFC] to [Proposal].
- Collecting final feedback and get advice for changes.
- Wait for at least 7 days and make sure you have a general consensus among the others before moving to Snapshot.